Drayton C of E Junior A caring school
Cherishing each individual
Aiming for excellence in teaching and learning
Relationships built on mutual respect
Experiences that enrich lives
CARE is our core value.
As a church school we value our Christian foundation, whilst respecting and welcoming those of different faiths and beliefs. We understand our vision and ethos as reflecting Christian values, especially in the central importance we attach to “care” – care for every member of the school community, and care for the wider community and for the world in which we live.Cherishing each individual
- We recognise the individuality of each child.
- Every child is given equal opportunity to develop intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually in a happy, caring and ordered environment.
- We support and challenge children to develop their abilities and talents by providing a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, with recognition being made of children’s individual needs.
- We help children acquire the essential knowledge, skills, concepts and attitudes that will enable them to take full advantage of all opportunities open to them.
- We support and challenge our staff to achieve the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- We believe this to be fundamental to achieving all our aims.
- We take our role in the community very seriously. We encourage children to make a positive contribution to a wide range of local, national, worldwide and Church communities.
- We enable the children to become valued members of the community, to develop social awareness and a respect for the needs, wishes, aspirations, opinions and belongings of others.
- We want children to enjoy school life and to grow as people, developing self-confidence and self-discipline, to meet challenges now and in the future, and to develop a hunger for learning.
- We offer the opportunity for children to participate and develop in a wide range of ways; academically, creatively, emotionally, spiritually and artistically.
- Through the curriculum, music, visits, the performing arts, and sport, we aim to enrich children’s lives.