Care has been taken to enable parents/carers of pupils at Drayton CE Juniors to purchase school uniform from stores of their choice, whilst continuing to be able to order school logo sweatshirts and polo tops online via the school website. Orders can be delivered to the school free of charge using the code DRAYTON17. We believe that items with the school logo really support a sense of belonging of the Drayton Junior School community, as well as providing very good value for money.
School uniform can be ordered from: www.schoolwear-uk.com Please enter the code DRAYTON 17 if you wish to have your order delivered to school free of charge. P&P is £4.50 to any other address.
As part of the school uniform children can wear:
- Grey or black trousers
- Grey or black shorts (no tight cycling style shorts)
- Grey, white or pale blue shirt/polo shirt or blouse
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan
- Grey, white or black socks
- Plain black shoes/boots or sensible sandals in summer (flat, low heel with back support)
- Grey or black skirt/pinafore dress
- Blue/white check summer dress
PE kits to be worn on PE days
- Plain Royal blue or white t-shirt (no logos or football shirts)
- Black or navy shorts
- Plain black/navy tracksuit bottoms
- Plain royal blue/navy/black sweater
- Suitable footwear to change into for both indoor and outdoor PE lessons. Plimsolls are appropriate for indoor PE lessons only. Trainers are better for outdoor lessons. Please be aware that footwear that has been used outdoors cannot be used for indoor PE lessons.
The school follows the National Best Practice PE guidelines 2016 stating that swimwear should be suitable for purpose and, for reasons of safety, it should be sufficiently tight fitting to allow freedom of body and limb movement without causing unsafe water resistance. The school will ensure the correct balance between safety, cultural requirements and the need to be able to see the limb movements of pupils to ensure appropriate learning and safety.
Children should wear:
- sufficiently tight fitting trunks or swim shorts (no long, wide legged or loose items due to being considered a safety hazard.)
- one piece swimming costume
- Swimming hat
- No jewellery under any circumstances.
All clothing worn or brought to school must be marked with your child’s name, including uniform, shoes, coats, watches, lunch boxes, book bags and clear water bottles, to minimize loss.
Please find below examples of companies where labels may be purchased from:
If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
Lost property is collected and stored in the bins in the corridors. Named items are more easily united with their owners. Unnamed/unclaimed lost property is disposed of half termly.
The wearing of jewellery is discouraged as it can easily be lost or cause injury to the wearer or other children.
- Children with pierced ears are only permitted to wear one pair of studs. These must be removed for all swimming activities and PE.
- A small plain, named watch in working order.
NB: All of these items have to be removed for PE
“Tattoos”, transfers, nail varnish, body paints, make up, shaved and/or coloured hair are not appropriate in school as they are all distractions from work and inappropriate for school.
A stock of secondhand uniform items is available from the school office. Please let us know your requirements and we will endeavour to help if we can. Any donations received for secondhand items are used to support the children’s learning.
If your child is leaving the school or has outgrown good quality items of school clothing, please speak to the office as these could be donated to other families in the school. Thank you.